Our lens on the Buy Side technology opportunities to leverage in a rapidly shifting market Download to see more on:…
The equity of time, energy and focus should be spent on the opportunity which will deliver a return.
You are hungry, ambitious and the opportunities are endless.
But why would you spend 20% of your time across five initiatives, when you could spend 100% of it on that 10x opportunity?
Splintered focus leads to broken execution. As you scale, the cracks begin to show. Strategy is nothing without execution, and it becomes ever-complex to act on disparate opportunities.
From the lure of a new product and use-case, to spinning out a new revenue stream – what is going to be the thing you spend your time, effort and money on to generate a return?
How we re-think growth
What has got you here that can help to get you there? What can we leverage to propel us into new growth?
Break down the size of opportunities and weigh up commercial viability of winning
Find out what it takes to win, and the necessary steps to make it happen
Make your choice: define the timescales (short, mid or long-term) or types of opportunities (low-hanging land grabs vs. your play-to-win opportunity)
Create accountability, clarity and focus to maximize return on investment and energy, and decrease time it takes to win
"Cruxy was key in enabling us to focus as a firm. Without that focus, we wouldn’t be where we are today - it created an inflexion point of growth for us. That focus meant we were able to deploy capital in a succinct manner and meant our investors were even more confident in our ability to execute as a team."
– Jay Likhoded, CEO at ClauseMatch
~£35m turnover front office trading technology firm
- Belief that market headroom had been reached with current customer segment
- Appeared to be adjacent untapped opportunities
- Did not have clarity on how to prioritise these opportunities, and the execution plan to win
- Identified the recipe to win and replicate elsewhere – from technology appetite to pricing sensitivity
- Weighed up 13 sub-segments based on TAM, appetite for this technology, revenue opportunity for the client and potential to win
- Identified the play to win vs play to participate opportunities
- 1775% ROI within 3 months of project
- £3m revenues in segment within 3 months, despite £0 prior to the project